Repeat Issues in Managing Software Entitlements and Ineffective CMDB Usage
This global media corporation faced several challenges. First, they suffered from a severe lack of SAM governance. They also knew they were ineffectively using ServiceNow’s CMDB including its configuration, utilization, and data model. Finally, they had no Software Asset Management (SAM) solution in place at the organization—which meant zero visibility into software spending & management. To address these issues, they invited multiple Managed Service Providers to an RFP.
Implement Processes, Controls, and Tests to Identify Risks
Alongside Anglepoint, the client:
- Successfully configured and implemented Aspera/USU.
- Improved CMDB and aligned it with ServiceNow’s common service data model (CSDM). This also meant reconfiguring the CMDB dashboard to align with discovery capabilities and reworking the IT Service Management (ITSM) module. The module was limited to incident, problem, & change.
- After completing USU implementation, they identified & remediated risk for all their major publishers.
Millions in Cost Savings and Avoidance
- $9.5M realized cost avoidance in the first 90 days of Anglepoint’s engagement for Oracle
- $58M realized cost avoidance for IBM
- $2M cost savings for IBM.
We proactively prepared for audits by connecting IBM’s License Metric Tool (ILMT) to Anglepoint’s proprietary tool, Elevate, allowing IBM licenses to be counted accurately and identifying savings opportunities ahead of the IBM contract renewal.