Lack of a Proactive Approach to Software Audits
As one of the biggest life insurance companies in India, the client had more important things to think about than audit notices. And yet, in they came—multiple audits from IBM, Oracle, and Micro Focus. Each one threw them for a loop costing precious time and money.
Without a centralized Software Asset Management (SAM) team or audit response process in place, they knew the problem was only going to get worse. Not to mention the risk associated with their 14 other publishers. They wanted to do things right and issued an RFP to find a partner for a multi-year engagement to help them create an audit response process.
Implement a Centralized SAM Team and Audit Response Process
- Implement and configure IBM’s License Metric Tool (ILMT) to accurately determine license requirements for IBM Processor Value Unit (PVU) products. Anglepoint also leveraged its proprietary tool, Elevate, to count IBM non-PVU license requirements and mitigated ~$7M USD in compliance risk.
- Perform an Effective License Position (ELP) for various publishers including Adobe, Citrix, Dell EMC, HCL, McAfee, Micro Focus, Microsoft, MobileIron, Oracle, Palo Alto Networks, Quest, and UserLock to understand their current license position and the associated risk.
- Develop and implement an essential Audit Response Framework to ensure a centralized and consistent response to audits. No more fighting fires.
Millions in Cost Savings
- $7M USD (₹53cr) IBM risk mitigated due to implementation and configuration of ILMT.
- $253K USD (₹1.9cr) cost savings on Micro Focus upon completion of ELP.
- Audit support provided for Oracle and Micro Focus with a centralized Audit Response Framework in place.
Developed and deployed customized scripts for Oracle, Micro Focus, Adobe, and Citrix to continuously monitor and manage related compliance risk.
(As of April 2022)
Without a centralized SAM team or audit response process in place, we knew the problems we were experiencing with audits were only going to get worse.